The philosophy of our Political Science programme is to produce graduates with a critical mind, requisite ability and skill to analyze, comprehend, predict and influence the factors that shape and mould power relationship in an ever-changing socio-political environment, in a globalizing world.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide training in the principles of political science and their application to political economy, public administration and international relations.
- Stimulate the students intellectually through the programme in such a way that they appreciate social problems.
- Provide a solid foundation of knowledge about the workings of society and its institutions and develop the skills for the constructive use of such knowledge.
- Develop in students, the ability to apply political science knowledge to the resolution of societal problems and conflict.
- Develop in students, such skills and competency that would allow them to be self-reliant and entrepreneurial.